Pragmatic Compendium

inspiring the pragmatic practice of intimacy with Christ

fast food food, fast.

Sometimes, I need to feed FavoriteSon fast. Considering what the boy can pack away and how much it can cost, I need to stock some quick, easy, cheap meals.

Meatball subs are a hit with him:

PinkGirl doesn’t like the sauce, so she dips her plain meatballs in low sugar ketchup. Frozen french fries bake up quick and again, PinkGirl goes for the ketchup while FavoriteSon opts for cheese dip.

I’ve got a few meals like this that I can pull together in 5 to 10 minutes. I’ve also made meatloaf sandwiches, turkey & gravy sandwiches and beef tip sandwiches using Hormel Refrigerated Entrees. Served with a bowl of soup or baked fries, these meals are fast, filling, inexpensive and healthier than a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry.

And no. I didn’t have any. Wasn’t even tempted.

Tomorrow? A family favorite. Cream Cheese Chicken.

Find great recipes and helpful kitchen tips at Kitchen Tip Tuesdays hosted by Tammy’s Recipes!

And click on over to check out the recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed With Grace

Need more? Head over to Tasty Tuesday hosted by Kim at Forever . . . Wherever!

February 3, 2009 - Posted by | 5 minutes, recipes | , , , ,

1. Oh way yummy fast food! Great idea!! Love this idea!

Hugs.. Amy

Comment by Amy@ Joy of my Heart | February 3, 2009 | Reply

2. My boys flip over meatball sandwiches, but I forget to make them! :-) Thanks for the reminder!

Comment by Kim @ForeverWherever | February 3, 2009 | Reply

3. It’s amazing how far frozen entrees have come! It’s so great to have something fast and convenient to make for dinner!

Comment by Jerri | February 4, 2009 | Reply

4. I Love a meatball sub. Yumm.

Comment by Lisa@blessedwithgrace | February 4, 2009 | Reply

5. Is that Rosellis tomato sauce ? YUMMY!

Comment by Sue | February 4, 2009 | Reply

6. MMMM – you can send some of those to my house anytime! :o)

Comment by Scrapping Servant | February 6, 2009 | Reply