I noted in number 5 of my “21 things about me” that I can only cook with a recipe. In contrast, FirstHusband cooks like a mad scientist – he invents. Sometimes the results are . . . disappointing. Like Fish Grits. (He wouldn’t even eat them.)
Many times, the invention turns out to be very, very good. Sometimes it’s “You should become a chef after your mid-life crisis” good. When that happens, there’s always a plea for him to write down what he did so he might possibly be able to repeat it. A while ago, he created a one pot meal that we all loved and he did write down the ingredients. Unfortunately, is seems an engineer’s handwriting is worse than a doctor’s. Check it out. (Click on the photo to see a larger image.)
Can you guess the ingredients? There are twelve lines here. I’ve figured out all but one, but I don’t want to spoil the game, so I’ll only reveal a couple of the easy ones.
1. white wine/sherry
2. (UPDATE – Correct! 3 chicken breasts, cut up)
3. one box spinach
4. (UPDATE – Correct! 1 can of tomatoes)
5. (UPDATE – Correct! 1 can of chickpeas)
6. THIS IS THE ONE THAT I STILL CAN’T FIGURE OUT! Make a guess or a suggestion!
7. (UPDATE – Correct! 1 can of cream of mushroom soup)
8. (UPDATE – Correct! 1 can of cream of celery soup)
9. boil (UPDATE – I’ve been corrected! It is BASIL.)
10. rosemary garlic (seasoning – we have a big Sam’s Club jar of it.)
12. garlic (we keep a jar of minced garlic in the fridge.)
And this is a game after all, so there needs to be a prize. How about a cookbook? It was Whale of a Sale this past weekend, so I picked up a few gently used cookbooks to choose from. Click on the links to read the Amazon descriptions.
If you play the “missing ingredient” game, specify your book choice in your comment.
Instead of a cookbook, a shrink wrapped hardback copy of the Southern Living Wine Guide and Journal
Enter to win by commenting and guessing a missing ingredient. OR SUGGEST a possible ingredient for #6! Depending on the response, I might fill some in as they are correctly guessed or I might wait a week. Either way, I’ll randomly pick a winner on Tuesday, October 14th, so check back!