I found myself in a conversation with an atheist. Not just an atheist, but a born-again atheist. (When I say “born-again atheist” I mean he was a born again Christian, but is now an atheist.)
His statements in our initial conversation sparked my interest in two ways:
1. How did he – a self-professed born-again Christian – become an atheist?
(and this one in particular, given my pragmatic nature and relentless pursuit of an intimate relationship with Christ)
2. Why does he view faith in God as unreasonable, illogical and irrational?
Because I wouldn’t use those words to describe God.
Here are the previous posts in order by date:
1. the beginning
2. the first emails
3. the ground rules
4. a few definitions
5. gods, God and clarifying the purpose of these talks
6. an atheist’s testimony (part 1)
7. an atheist’s testimony (part 2)
8. Christianity buried so deep in religion, it’s almost impossible to find.
9. why faith is unreasonable, illogical and irrational.
10. the “shotgun” email (more reasons why faith is unreasonable, illogical and irrational.)
11. comparing belief in God to belief in Santa. and faires. and WibbleFoo.
12. the Santa comparison.
13. some behind the scenes banter.