I’m joining in at Random Dozen over at 2nd Cup of Coffee because I LOVED the first question!!! Serious flashback. And the weather here tonight was cool and breezy. I love autumn.
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
At a DRIVE-IN! In the back of a pick-up truck, in the cool brisk air of autumn, curled up with blankets and pillows, eating popcorn covered in that orange salt they use in commercial popcorn makers. (If you go to the drive-in with a friend, don’t go to the bathroom without taking the car keys with you. Some people might think it’s SOOOO funny to move the truck while you’re gone.)
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Well, NOW I have. The only thing that came to mind was the music. So much to choose from. These days, How You Live by Point of Grace (see youtube video in #12 below).
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver. But I’m trying to learn to be a receiver. Trying to ask for help when I need it. Feels weird. Learning to ask for blessings. Feels GREAT.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Both. Certain things planned, empty spots left empty.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
One? I’m sorry. I can’t think of one.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
The cause of Christ. It’s the foundation of my priorities and my priorities drive my daily choices.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
Has to be crunchy peanut butter. And seedless blackberry low sugar jam. On thick, heavy, soft wheat bread. If I don’t have any skim milk in the house, I won’t even bother making the sandwich. Not worth it. Somebody told me I need to try peanut butter and olives. I don’t know . . .
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I wouldn’t say very much. I would be distracted.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
No routine. Although, my skin is changing and peeling and breaking out (what’s THAT about?) I need to STICK to my skin care routine. Knowing what to do and having the product doesn’t mean I use it every day. Also trying to stop reading NON-fiction at bedtime. I don’t need to be learning anything when I’m trying to get sleepy.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
Can’t think of anything. I would probably delete it if I did.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
A long time ago, I was told I looked like Mariel Hemingway. I never saw it.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
To my kids. Two songs: “Anyway” by Martina McBride and “Turn up the Music” by Point of Grace.
Join in the Random Dozen Carnival hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee!
2 thoughts on “Random: 09.30.09”
Thanks for participating this week so that I could meet you. You have a really nice-looking blog here. There’s a lot going on. On mine, there is a cartoon lady drinking coffee. That says a lot about my content compared to yours!
I have never been to a drive-in, although my city has one of the few left in the country. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do!
have a great weekend; hope you play again next week.
I have to say that your #1 was #1 in my book. That brought back memories. This is my first visit to your blog and must say that I like it. And you do look like somebody famous I just don’t know who yet.