I’m on facebook. I joined for one reason. Because my 14 year old son wanted to open a facebook account. I said “yes, if you friend me.”
From the frequency of my blog posts since November, you can probably tell I don’t spend a lot of discretionary time on the computer these days. Real life’s just very full right now. Virtual life takes a backseat to breathing people who stand right in front of me. So, I’m not a big “facebooker.” Although this commercial cracks me up EVERY time. The dad’s laugh at the end. Bwahahaha. It is so fun to exasperate kids sometimes.
So. I joined facebook. I get on facebook to check my son’s wall. A few things those interested should know about me:
1. I don’t poke and I don’t throw pillows.
2. I “HIDE” all cartoon land updates on my news feed.
3. I will never want my very own platypus.
4. A virtual (facebook) hug is an oxymoron.
5. Virtual flowers?
6. Virtual hearts?
7. Virtual kisses?
8. I am VERY happy facebook lets me HIDE apps now. I do.
9. I have chat turned off because I’m usually on and off so fast. Email.
10. I don’t accept friend requests from people who rarely speak/spoke to me in real life. It’s weird.
(Interacting in blog comments = speaking in real life – you are an active part of my world!)
This guy understands me. (Although I don’t agree with #9 and I don’t know what “flair” is.)
This video response is a little slow, but, starting with #3, it did make me laugh.
If you’ve got time to hang out for a few minutes, check out what else makes me laugh: Pragmatic Compendium’s “laugh!” category.