Pragmatic Compendium

inspiring the pragmatic practice of intimacy with Christ

a wooden leg named smith.

PinkGirl watched Mary Poppins tonight. She’s been a fan for years – even BEFORE she met Miss Practically Perfect herself.

mary poppins pose

She’s We’ve watched it enough to have memorized large chunks of dialog. These days, PinkGirl is actually able to watch it without pausing the DVD for multiple costume changes.

Sarah as Mary Poppins1Sarah as Mary Poppins3

One of my favorite parts is the laughing song. LOVE Ed Wynn as Uncle Albert. And Dick Van Dyke is just plain GENIUS. Betcha can’t watch him laugh without smiling.

Need a few more chuckles today? Check out Friday Funnies hosted by Homesteaders Heart!

If you’ve got time to hang out for a few minutes, check out what else makes me laugh: Pragmatic Compendium’s “laugh!” category.

About these ads

July 23, 2009 - Posted by | flashback, laugh!, music, peace love mickey, youtube | , , ,

7 Comments »

1. Oh my friend. One of my FAVORITE movies of all time. And THAT is one of my favorite scenes. You can’t help but laugh.
    Thanks for sharing it today.
    Happy Friday to you.
    Kim

Comment by Kim | July 24, 2009 | Reply

2. My favorite scene from this movie!! I can’t watch it without laughing myself…

Comment by Maria | July 24, 2009 | Reply

3. Oh, I love that movie, I own it AND I’ve watched it several times, …and I never had a daughter, LOL. That’s one of my absolute favorite scenes in the movie. :)

Comment by Kathy Charest | July 24, 2009 | Reply

4. Okay, this is weird. I talked about Mary Poppins yesterday! One of my all time favorite movies!!

Comment by Mocha with Linda | July 24, 2009 | Reply

5. “talked about” meaning “blogged about”…. LOL

Comment by Mocha with Linda | July 24, 2009 | Reply

6. You know? My son has never seen this movie; I think it’s time to break out the Disney movies, especially this one….:) Thanks for sharing!

Comment by Melissa | July 24, 2009 | Reply

7. Would you believe I’ve NEVER seen Mary Poppins???? I know, I can’t believe it either. I just might rent it!!

Comment by Vicki | July 24, 2009 | Reply