If you know me, you know I HATE shopping. When I need something, I just want to go to the store and pick it up, hopefully on sale with a printable coupon. Better still if I can just order it on the internet, with an online coupon.
Unfortunately, I have been very unsuccessful with buying clothes and shoes online. Buying shoes and clothes require trying them on.
I hate shopping.
Case in point: For the last 4 to 6 weeks I’ve needed new walking shoes. (I go through a pair about every three months.) Since I hate shopping, I put it off. Finally on Monday, I literally couldn’t walk in my shoes one more step. Felt like I was walking in lumpy socks. I was on the treadmill and I stopped at 1.5 miles to take off my completely worn out shoes and finish my walk with my previous, nearly worn out shoes.
I got through another two days with the nearly worn out shoes, but I knew I couldn’t wait any longer. So Wednesday night, while praying with FirstHusband, I asked God to PLEASE help me find the shoes I needed quickly and easily. (Sounds petty, I know, but I believe God is big enough to care about my shoes at the same time he’s taking care of everyone else in the world.) Thursday, I prayed again, printed my online Sports Authority coupons and got in the car.
God answered my prayer. Fourfold.
This NEVER happens.
1. I’ve NEVER been able to just buy the exact same shoes I bought before. My shoes have ALWAYS been discontinued and I’ve had to start over with the trying on. All four of these are the EXACT shoes I blew out on Monday.
2. The first (or 2nd, or 3rd…) pair I find and try on is never the pair I buy. I didn’t even have to try these on to know they were perfect for me. (Look how much wider and out of shape the old shoes are compared to the new ones!)
3. I wear a wide width and it’s very difficult to find ONE pair in my size. I found FOUR in a wide width.
4. These were on clearance. (which means they are being discontinued.) I think I paid $65 for these at Christmas. The clearance price was $39.98. Total savings for four pair? $100!!!
5. I got to use both my coupons in two separate transactions, saving a total of $35, which almost like getting one pair for free!
6. Buying walking shoes is never a quick process for me and it often requires trips to more than one store. I got all four pair of these at one store in less than 30 minutes.
Since I now have more than a year’s worth of walking shoes, I will be getting rid of all but one pair of my old, nearly worn out shoes (keeping one pair for yard work).
And I don’t have to shop for walking shoes for at least a YEAR!
Next? Shopping for workout clothes, and God’s coming with me.